Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Fashion Dilemma

I'm not a fashion expert, I don't claim to be. I know a bit about fashion after watching multiple seasons of America's Next Top Model, Project Runway and other fashion related shows. I do know though, that I would love to dress better than I currently do.
I'm a big fan of the "basics" when it comes to clothes. You know, jeans, tshirts, pullovers, stuff like that. But I've always wanted to be one of those reall ywell dressed women that wear skirts, dresses and even heels everyday.
Here's my problem though: I either can't pull off the trends that are in nowadays or I think that everyone's going to judge me for trying to look nicer on a regular basis.
There are problems with both of these thoughts of mine however.
Firstly, the trends that they have today are relatively simple and easy to pull off so it's basically my own insecurities that are holding me back from participating in the cute trends of today's fashion world. (Although when it comes to rubberboots, I just don't think I can pull off that look like fashionable people).
Second, I'm an idiot for thinking that everyone's going to judge me. As one of my best friends told me "People aren't going to look at a nicely dressed person and say 'I can't believe how good she looks? Who does she think she is?'" If I dress nicely, most likely the only thing people are going to say (most likely) is that I look good (if I pull off the trends).
In the last few days I've been trying to dress in dresses and boots and I've felt great about myself and I think other people have noticed.
From this point onwards I'm going to put more effort into the way I dress and attempt to look more professional and sophisticated.
I'm hoping this works out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment