Sunday, October 2, 2011

Can you pass the kleenex?

It goes without saying, I HATE being sick. It is one of those things that irks me more than most. I don't like the coughing, sneezing, sore throat, chills, tiredness, body aches, upset stomach... The list goes on as I'm sure you know.
It makes me sound like a nerd, but one of the main reasons I dislike being sick so much (besides the annoying bodily symptoms) is because I REALLY don't like missing class. And what makes it even worse is that if I go to class sick, I can't focus because I'm constantly sniffing, coughing, sneezing, mouth breathing due to my stuffed up nose... Which then causes more anxiety because I worry I'm bothering every other person in the class with my sniffing, coughing, sneezing, mouth breathing due to my stuffed up nose...
I also come from a family that doesn't believe in taking drugs to get rid of a cold. In my family, you just wait it out, take some natural remedies like echinacea (which me and my mom swear by) and drinking lots of tea/eating lots of soup. But there are times when I just want to take some drugs and pass the fuck out. I'll assume you've had those same kinds of colds too. You just want to drug yourself into a coma and only wake up in a week when you're not sick anymore.
I believe it's a miracle I haven't been sick yet this year, but I know it's coming. It always starts the same way for me. Sore throat, which progresses to sneezing/runny nose, then to a plugged up nose (which then disturbs my sleeping patterns) and then I finally start to recover.
Obviously I started popping echinacea immediately when I felt this cold coming on and I have decided to use the "wait-it-out" approach, but at this point, this cold better not fuck with me. I'm not having this right now. I refuse to let this cold get the best of me!
I'll show this cold who's boss! I'll show it that no one fucks with my immune system and gets away with it! You wait! I'll go Chuck Norris on this bitch and make it regret the day it ever messed with me!
I will fight this cold and come out VICTORIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment