Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Men at the Gym

I like the gym. The gym likes me. It works for me. I always knew I would like the gym and when I went for the first time last year (at the gym at my school) I knew that it would work out well for me.
However, in the last year and a bit that I've been going to the gym, I've found some things that really, very much bother me.
Not too long ago, I saw a man nearly kill himself at the gym. I don't know how many other people noticed it, but I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This man was lifting freeweights (a barbell) and after a few reps, he could not lift the barbell off his neck. He continued to roll the barbell down his entire body until he could get out from underneath. So he changed the weights to a lesser weight and continued his workout. You know what happened next? HE DID THE EXACT SAME THING AGAIN! I couldn't believe my eyes. The moral of this story: do not try to lift more weights than you are able to. It is not risk strangling yourself with barbells to show off how many weights you can't lift.
The same day of this almost-suicide, I saw a guy on a weight machine, purple in the face, essentially making this face:
The reason behind this face: THE WEIGHTS ARE TOO HEAVY! You should not have to contort your face into this ^ to lift the weights. Girls are not as guilty of this gym crime. I think most girls understand that they would rather look like pansies lifting 20lbs in weights than pull a fucking muscle!
I'm tired of going to the gym and seeing people almost injure themselves. People that have absolutely no idea how to use the equipment and do not check the instructions or ask. It pays to know what you're doing at the gym, so check it out before you go!
I'll continue going to the gym and I'll continue trying to get healthier, and I'm sure I'll never run out of people to get angry at at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment