Monday, February 27, 2012

Seasonal Feelings

The weather in southern Ontario has been all over the place this winter. I say southern Ontario because I don't know the situation in any other part of Ontario, so I'll just stick to what I know.
I was wearing flip-flops in Toronto in January, that's how warm it was. There were several days where I could've worn shorts and a jacket and I would've been quite comfortable.
I've already expressed my love of winter. I'm not keen on heat and humidity and I love snow and the cold. Your hair doesn't get all frizzy in the winter, it gets all frizzy in the summer due to humidity.
However, there are still parts of spring and summer that I do like, don't get me wrong. I'd be retarded if I I was grumpy for half the year because it was hot.
There is something about waking up on a July morning, at 11am, feeling a breeze coming in through your open window, the sun shining in.
Which leads me to my main point: The arrival of each new season gives me very sentimental, lovely feelings.
It's hard to explain how the seasons make me feel, but each one has its own distinct impression and inviting qualities.
Think of your favourite things about each of the seasons and you'll start to get how I feel, I'm sure.
Summer: sun shining, cool breeze rustling the curtains, a day at the beach, laying in the shade on a hot day, laying on a hill watching the clouds... The day feels like it belongs to you and you can use it for whatever you want.
Spring: dew, the colours of the flowers blooming, spring dresses and jackets, a warmth you haven't felt since early October (except this year).
Fall: the colours of the changing leaves, crisp breezes, fall fashion (browns, reds, deep greens, mittens, jackets, boots, etc.), Halloween.
Winter: the first snowfall, snowdays, snuggling up in bed on a cold morning, fireplaces ablaze, Christmas, snowstorms that keep everyone inside together.
I have the summer feeling as I'm writing this. Outside it's mild and breezy, the perfect temperature for a light jacket, the breeze is coming in through my open window and it smells like it's getting warmer.
It's a stranger thing for me to try to write about, but I really wanted to share this.

No comments:

Post a Comment