Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I've Had Enough

Another rant. I know, I know, I do that a lot. But I find this is an effective method for blowing off some steam.
I live in residence at school. I have a meal plan and I eat in a cafeteria. My choices are not plentiful, but I can survive with what I am offered. However, there are some things that have really been bothering me lately.
My school has hired the strangest people to work in my cafeteria. By that, I mean they hired people that seem like they don't want to be alive, much less serving young adults food everyday. There are two staff members in particular that are grumpy and make shitty food consistently.
The other problem that I have is the people that work at the cash. Most of them hardly speak English and barely know what's going on around them. I will be standing there with a muffin in hand, and 9 times out of 10, they will ask, "What do you have?" Is that a joke? Can you not see the muffin in my hand? Often times they do not know the prices of some of the items either. There is a button for a bagel with cream cheese, I've seen it. A side of bacon costs roughly $0.50-0.60, yet when I had bacon on my bagel with cream cheese (because light cream cheese tastes like shit, and that's all they had), she charged me for a breakfast sandwich with egg, bacon and cheese, which I believe to be $4.59. A bagel with cream cheese is about $2.00, then with bacon, no more than $3.00, yet somehow I ended up paying almost $5 for my food. How is that fair? It's ridiculous. And there's no point arguing with them, because they can't even understand what I'm saying to them because they're foreign.
There's this one girl though that really pisses me off. I'm really into sandwiches right now, especially with mayo and grilled chicken, so I get at least one sandwich everyday, if not more. But this one girl that works at the sandwich counter is insufferable! She had the audacity to yell at a girl in line because she didn't order her wrap at the same time as the girl in front of her. Really? Did you tell the girl to order at the same time as the girl in front of her? No, you didn't! You have no one to blame but yourself. From what I saw, the girls didn't even know each other. How the FUCK was she supposed to know that you can make two wraps at once? From the cometency level I've seen from you thus far, I would have guessed you weren't capable of that.
But here's the topper! I love my sandwiches, and she ruins them on a regular basis. But last night, she did the worst possible thing. The deal with the sandwiches is that you get a side with the sandwich. Either celery and carrots with ranch, or pickles and chips. Now I love carrots, so I always get carrots without celery, because celery is gross. And usually, the lady that I love who makes me perfect sandwiches gives me extra carrots because I am not getting any celery. But you want to know what this bitch gave me yesterday when I asked for just carrots?
Two tiny little baby carrot sticks and a baby celery stick! What the FUCK?! How did she get "Can I have the smallest carrots you have along with one baby celery" from me asking for just carrots? This is what my meal plan is buying me! Thank you so much, sandwich bitch for all that ranch for my two tiny baby carrot sticks! I don't know if I'll even have enough ranch for those two tiny pieces of carrot! I might run out!
FUCK!
Needless to say, I really don't like this bitch and now I have to face an internal struggle everyday that she's there: Do I risk getting a sandwich from someone incompetent or do I eat something else that I don't want as much?
Thanks a lot for ruining the only food I look forward to at school. Bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment