Monday, February 6, 2012

Oh, the Places You'll Go

I have always been interested in travel. I haven't travelled much in my life, but I'm off to an okay start. I've been to France twice in my life thus far, once for 9 weeks for a school exchange when I was 14 and once for a trip in high school. On that trip in high school, I also travelled to Belgium, Austria and Germany. It was a truly wonderful experience that I would not trade for anything in the world.
That being said, I wish now to tell you where else in the world I would like to travel, starting with the places I've already been and I would like to return to.

Paris, France, as well as other parts of France
As I've said, I've been to France twice. Of course, that mean I've been to Paris. This city will always have my heart. It is a magical city, full of beauty and history. It also involves my love of French. If I could live anywhere in the world, Paris would most definitely be at the top of the list. The wonders of this romantic city will never cease to amaze me.

Brugge, Belgium
Brugge is another favourite city of mine. I love the medieval feel of it and how homey it feels. So small and close, it seems like everyone would know each other and get along. They also speak German, French and English, so it would be great to hear all those languages mingling together.

Austria, particularly Vienna and Salzburg
This country is spectacular. The scenery will astound and amaze and you will most definitely marvel at its beauty. We were lucky enough to travel to Vienna and Salzburg, where they filmed parts of The Sound of Music. The mountains are insane and we also went to specific places where The Sound of Music was made, like the church where they got marrid (I think) and the steps where the kids sing "Doe, Ray, Me" (I know my spelling of that is not correct). This is one of the most beautiful countries on Earth. I suggest visiting it.

Germany
Germany was also full of wonders. Mountains and beautiful cities and castles. What more could you ask for?

Now to the places I haven't been but have always wanted to go.
I have to provide a few disclaimers here though. I have never been drawn to tropical places like Mexico, Cuba or the Dominican Republic. It's just not my cup of tea. I prefer to go to places with rich history and culture and explore museums and architecture. Not to say there aren't those things in the countries I listed above, but I have just never been one to want to spend my time on a beach getting hammered.
I also have not been drawn to eco-tourism and places that draw humanity efforts and such. That may make me a snob or a bitch, but this is a list of places I want to go. I'm sorry I'm not more involved with volunteering in underdeveloped countries, but that's just the way it goes.

Anywho, I'll start with the more beachy, tropical places that I WOULD go to:

The Philippines
Jamaica
The Bahamas
The Bahamas especially has a place in my heart, particularly the Atlantis Resort, because Mary-Kate and Ashley made a movie there and I have wanted to go ever since. It looks so luxurious and beautiful (as well a expensive). But I believe the Philippines, Jamaica and the Bahamas would be a great place to kick back and enjoy some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. For obvious reasons, Jamaica seems like it would be wonderfully chill.

Panama
Mauritius
Peru
These are the places I would want to go for rich history and beautiful tourism. Mauritius I have only heard so much about in the last few years, but from what I hear, the culture is rich and the landscape is breathtaking. Peru has this beautiful ancient city that you see above and I would LOVE to see it!

Portugal
Morocco
Spain
Barcelona, Spain has a call to me for a very lame reason: they made Cheetah Girls 2 there. Since then, I would kill to go there. The city looks amazing and interesting.

Denmark
Finland
Sweden
Poland
Norway
I don't have any particuar reasons for wanting to visit these 5 countris, other than they are European, and Europe is the continent that draws my travel attention more than any other.

China
South Korea
Japan, more specifically Tokyo
Tokyo in particular has always called to me. The city is like no other city. It's technology and colour and fast-pace all draw me in. It would be crazy to experience Tokyo, but something unlike anything else.

Australia
New Zealand
Who doesn't want to go to Australia?! The beaches, the people, it all just seems inviting (minus the deadliest animals and insects in the world). New Zealand however, calls to me more than Australia. Given the choice between the two, I would definitely pick New Zealand first. One of the most breathtaking landscapes one can even imagine. Plus, Bret Mckenzie and Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords are from New Zealand.

South Africa
Egypt
Egypt especially has appeal to me. I love egyptian myth and history, as well as egyptian art. I would love to go there just to see the wonders of the pyramids and the Sphinx. And to ride a camel, hopefully.

Russia
Russia is the odd man out for me. It doesn't fit in with anywhere else in the world that I want to go. I never know whether to refer to it as Asian or European...? However, this country would be very beautiful, I think. Especially in winter. All the big coats in the freezing country, with snow covering the wonderful architecture.

Scotland
Ireland
Holland
England, mostly London
Holland and Scotland are my mother lands. Holland though, I think would be a lot of fun. When I picture Ireland, I just think of rolling hills and hills of green. Beautiful greens. And I feel like the people would be the most fun. Plus I love Irish accents on ginger men, which I'm sure Ireland would have lots of. As for England, I would love to go to London. The fashion and the atmosphere would be truly original, and who doesn't love British people?

Last, but not least, I have
Italy
Greece
Ideally, these are the two countries I would go to on my honeymoon. I would go to Rome, Italy to explore the art and architecture and then go to Greece to lay on the beach for a week. Greece has one of the richest histories I can think of with the myths and legends. Greece is on the top of my list for places I would love to visit.

So there you have it. My list of countries I would like to travel to in my future. Travel is one of the most exciting aspects of my life I have to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment