Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cascading Braids

I love love love braids. They are one of my favourite looks for hairstyles. Throw a braid in there and I'm sold.
The only problem is, I'm not all that skilled with creating nice, clean braids myself. My hair is a little too short to do a single braid with all my hair and it's fairly thin and layered so little pieces stick out and make it look messy. Typically I use braids to hold my bangs back when I can't be bothered with them. Comme ca:
Now I've learned how to do braids a little better and I've learned a very simple french braid in the last year or so so I can at least pull off a braid when I want to.
I cut a lot of hair off last month, which I had wanted to do for a while, but I miss having long hair if only for the braided possibilities.
I LOVE braided updos though.



There is something just so classy and elegant about a braid, with a little touch of bohemian. Braids in hair will never go out of style and I am most happy about that.
I really like long hairstyles with braids though too when they're done right.

I would love to be able to create a braid headband out of my own hair but I just don't think that's feasible with the amount and texture of my hair.
And the last thing that I would LOVE to learn: How to do a plaited or fishtailed braid.
Basically, these braids have more hair involved I think, and the strands make deepers "v"s. It's just so pretty!
Needless to say, I am jealous of celebrities and any person who has someone to braid their hair for them. As well as those that can do neat, clean french braids themselves.
To those of you who can, I salute you!

No comments:

Post a Comment