Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"You know what su..." "Oh my God, I love him"

You know what I hate, beyond most things (besides being late - biggest pet peeve)? Being interrupted. I hate it. Especially as I go out of my way to not interrupt people and if I do, I apologize quickly.
I seem to be ignored/interrupted quite often. People will cut me off mid-sentence and will not even acknowledge that I was talking.
Do I need to speak more loudly? Am I mumbling? Do I need to proclaim that I will be talking now?
I can list off people that do this to me regularly, that's how often this happens to me.
I just find it very rude. It essentially means that what you're saying isn't of value to the other person and the person who interrupts has more bearing on the conversation.
What bugs me even more is being interrupted during arguments. I have a valid point also, and I would appreciate it if you didn't cut me off halfway through to yell over my argument because you think your's is more valid.
I've had enough of this. Yet I still do not know what to do about it. It's not as if I can be a huge bitch, look stoney after every interruption and tell the person in an angry tone, "You know you just interrupted me, right? I would like to finish my thought, thank you". I don't try to be a bitch so that option clearly isn't going to work for me.
So for now I suppose I keep being unheard, keep being interrupted, ignored and feeling of less value than my conversation counterparts.
One final thought. For those of you who are interrupters, try to notice...
What are you doing after this? Want to go get coffee?
Fuck you sir, I give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment