Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sweatpants: Cardinal Sin

I do not dislike sweatpants. I love them. They are comfy and cozy and when they have pockets, quite handy. However I will NEVER and I mean, NEVER, wear sweatpants to class.
Please do not try to convince me otherwise. I don't care how tired/sick/delirious I may be, I will not succumb to wearing sweatpants to class.
I find it ridiculously disrespectful. It looks sloppy and like you don't give a damn about what that respectable prof in front of you has to say.
You may try to counter this argument with "Well do you use your cell phone in class? Because that's disrespectful". And you would be right. It's extremely disrespectful. I try not to do it and I still turn red and feel hella embarassed when a prof notices me texting during their class. I never claimed to be a saint by not wearing sweatpants. I just don't want to go out of my way to look sloppy.
I am also not claiming to be a fashion expert. But I try to look as presentable as possible when I'm going out in public (except on rare occasions).
Public does not count as walking from res to the caf to me. That is the place I will wear sweatpants. To the caf. To the gym. To go talk to my friend across the hall. But I will not wear sweatpants to class.
That pretty much sums up my dislike of sweatpants in school. Go ahead and wear them, but now that you know I feel this way, be wary that I will talk about how sloppy you look.
You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment