Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

They say that Christmas time is "the most wonderful time of the year". For me, though, that period is extended by say, I don't know, a few months.
I LOVE winter! More than any time of year.
You might think this is because of Christmas and that I'm a greedy bitch and I like getting presents.
First of all, who doesn't like getting presents?!
Next, I will say that, yes Christmas time is an added bonus of why I love winter, but not because of the presents.
If you know me at all, you will know that I am a big fan of nostalgia. And tradition.
I love the cold. I am a February baby and I am proud of it and truly true to the month I was born in. I'm also a true Canadian. I love shitty weather. Know why? It's cozy! And it's so much easier getting warm when you're cold, than it is to get cold when you're hot. Basically why I dislike summer.
But the thought of snuggling up in a big sweater and blanket with your boyfriend watching Disney movies while the fire roars behind you is really comforting and sweet to me.
There's also the added bonus of fall and winter clothing. Big sweaters, mittens, boots, legwarmers, knitted tights... what's not to love?
The feeling that cold gives me is truly a wonderful feeling. It reminds me of my childhood, while at the same time making me feel warm and delightful on the inside.
Then there's Christmas music. Yes it becomes the most annoying part about winter sooner than later, but it's still fun at the beginning.
There seems to be a lot of paryting going on at this time of year. Christmas parties, New Years parties, school break parties... Overall a good thing.
Christmas shopping time is another great thing. I love buying presents for people more than I like receiving them. And I truly mean that. I'm not trying to be selfless. I love getting people things they want and love and giving them little handwritten notes telling them how I feel about them. Cheesy but that's my thing during Christmas season.
So that's some of the main reasons I love winter. I'll leave you with some pretty pictures that I stole from google that portray the winter I love.



Enjoy this winter season kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment