Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Please Back Your Bags and Go Home

I don't know when reality shows started or when they became so popular.However, I'm growing very weary of them and I find they continue to get stupider and stupider, as do the people on them.
That is not to say I don't watch them. That would be a false statement. I watch a lot of TLC (Say Yes to the Dress, Cake Boss, What Not to Wear, NY Ink, etc.) as well as Hell's Kitchen and America's Next Top Model. I tend to like reality shows where they are competing for a prize (usually more than money) and people get sent home every week.
The real problem that I have with reality shows these days is how they perpetuate the idea of being a lazy asshole and making money/getting fame from being as stupid as possible.
I'm talking to you, Jersey Shore!
I tried to find a different title card for this so that I wouldn't have to look at the people.
Believe me when I say that there is NOTHING I hate more in this world than these people and this show!
I'll try to contain my anger while I'm writing this otherwise I might not be able to finish.
What really angers me about this show is that these people have received their 15 minutes of fame for doing fuck all for society.
They drink and party all day everyday and do absolutely nothing of value and they still make more money than you and I could ever hope to make.
How dare they?! Does this not infuriate anyone else?
To the same degree is The Real World.
I used to watch this show, I watched a few seasons. Then Jersey Shore came out, I found out what it was and what the people were doing and after watching a few minutes of The Real World, I had to turn it off. How could I complain about what the people on Jersey Shore were doing if I watched a show where they're basically doing the same things (fuck all).
What grinds my gears even more is that these people have the AUDACITY to complain about their lives on the show. You are literally doing nothing at all, oh how hard your life must be!
America's Next Top Model, The Bachelor and this show I see ads for all the time on MTV, The Battle of the Exes, does the same thing sometimes.


These people obviously sign up to be on these shows. They know what's going to happen to them when they participate. When a contestant on ANTM gets their hair cut off in makeovers, they're always shocked, saying things like "I didn't know they were going to do this to me!" Really?! You went on the show knowing full well they could do whatever they wanted to your hair.
It always gets me when someone on a reality show says, "This isn't what I signed up for!"
Um, YES IT IS! The appeal of reality shows to most people is the DRAMA! Newsflash! If you sign up for a reality show thinking there won't be drama, you're fucked!
I`ve never watched this Battle of the Exes show, but I`ve seen countless ads for it. There`s always this girl crying saying her ex on the show was a one-night stand where she didn't know what she was thinking. All I can think is "You signed up for a show called Battle of the EXES!"
Did you miss that somewhere? I don't think they're legally allowed to have you sign up for a show that you don't know the concept of.
This has to be fake! It's ridiculous!
I can't stand how stupid these people are and that they gain fame for offering nothing to the world. It truly upsets me.
But mostly Jersey Shore. I can't even begin to explain how much I hate this show. If you watch it, SHAME ON YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment