Saturday, January 14, 2012

You Mean the World To Me

I'm about to get sappy. That is just a warning.
It's different, that I'm about to write this somewhere public, but I feel the need to broadcast the subject of this post.
I was having a really bad night a few days ago. I was anxious, worried, crying and I didn't know what to do about certain situations in my life. I was trying to fall asleep and not having much luck. My mind was racing and I just could not close my eyes and drift off no matter what I tried. So I got a text message from my best friend, asking if I was still  up. Upon thinking that I shouldn't respond because I should be getting sleep before my 7:30 wake up the next morning, I realized that I wasn't even close to sleeping soon anyway and that I should just call her. Best idea I've ever had. I really needed the midnight therapy sesh she provided, followed by a trip down memory lane. It really calmed me down and allowed me to fall asleep once we hung up (two and a half hours later).
So I feel the need to express my love for my best friend. She has been there for me through thick and thin and sometimes feels like my own personal therapist.

I love this girl. We've known each other for about 10 years and been best friends for about 5. There is no one outside my family that I know better than her, and vice versa. We know the darkest and brightest moments of one another's lives and there is no one I feel closer to.
I don't know where I'd be without this girl. She's the only person I think of when I need someone to talk to and I know she's the only one who would understand the problems I have and give the right advice.
Our friendship went through its roughest patch this year but we managed to pull through. Nothing can come between our friendship, despite how stubborn and judgemental I was in that time of trial.
Never have I wanted someone to stay in my life for as long as I wish to stay friends with her. I cannot imagine living my life without her, without her being a phone call away. Something about that just sounds wrong.
We've known each other long enough to understand anything the other says, to know where they are coming from, where they are going and what they need in their life.
It truly saddens me to imagine my life without her. I don't know what I'd do or who I would be without her.
I believe with all my heart that we will remain friends until the day we die, always be there for each other, always be there to listen, always be there to cheer the other up.
I love this girl, like a sister and my life would not be the same without her.
Other people in our lives will come and go, but I know we will stick it out. That's what friends do. They stick around.

PS. I hesitate to post pictures of myself online like this where I don't control who views my blog, so when I do in circumstances like this, I beg you not to track me down, skin me and wear my skin like a body suit. I like being alive and would appreciate it if you don't hunt me down and murder me. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment