Thursday, January 5, 2012

On My Way to the A

I've been at a loss for what to blog about recently. I get inspiration from things that make me angry or passionate, and I haven't had to rant about anything for a while, so I haven't blogged. But something happened today that made me want to run and tell the whole world.
Let me start off with saying, university was a big shock for me when I started first year. I was a straight A student in high school, so when I got to university and started receiving marks of B and lower, I was devestated and started wondering if I really wasn't as smart as I thought I'd been. I received my first C last year. It was horrible.
But something wonderful has taken place this year. I had to take a humanities class to fulfill a general requirement, so I took an art history class. I love art and art history, so I thought it'd be pretty good. Well I was wrong: IT WAS AMAZING!
My memorization skills are top notch, I can't lie. I have a memory like an elephant, but better. So the Slide Test we had in this class in November (?) I passed with flying colours. And by that, I mean I got 100% bitch!
The only person in the class and the only person this prof has ever given that mark to! So yeah, that was great. However, the value for that mark in the class wasn't as heavy as the exams and essays, so I didn't think too much of it.
But before the mid term exam that I wrote in December, I got my first essay back, and turns out I received an 82. Good stuff I thought. I've never been top notch at essay writing; I can pump out an essay in a matter of hours, but I've never been phenomenal at the goal of essays. However, receiving a mark like that on a university essay made me more than happy. Needless to say, I was quite confident going into the exam after that.
Now today I had my first class back to school after the Christmas holidays and I was excited for this class because it is my favourite this year. I find the subject matter extremely interesting and hey, I'm doing well. What's not to like? So I was pumped  and ready to go at 9am this morning.
When I got there, the prof informed us that we didn't have much too cover today, and after finishing the stuff we should've finished up last semester, we were free to go, once she handed back our exams to see how we did.
So after an hour and 15 minutes of class, she lets us know that we can go after having a chance to look at our exam. Sweet, I get to leave an hour and a half earlier than I had planned on. But that's not even the best part of the day: I got my exam back and low and behold, I achieved 95% on that bitch too!
Without a doubt, art history is the best class ever! I always knew I was meant to do more with this subject matter. Now I wonder if I should've have gone into art history as a specialty. That's mostly a joke, but I really do love learning about art.
Bear in mind, I'm not typically one to brag about marks, but I can't help but be excited that I'm on my way to achieving my first A in my university career.
I just had to share with everyone my wonderful accomplishments. I wish to thank my high school art teacher, Ms. Bell, for instilling in me a passion for the arts. I also want to thank my parents for giving me the combination of genes that allows me to pull this off. I'm so happy. Now to keep this up for the rest of the current semester... Pfft, with the way this is going, that shant be difficult! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment