Friday, September 30, 2011

Pet Peeve #14

No, in case you were wondering, I have not numbered my pet peeves, I just needed a title. Yet, this one thing has been bothering me now for a few days.
I keep hearing complaints on FB going something like this: "Why are you even posting on this? How dare you write your comments on my own personal wall! The nerve of some people sticking their noses in my business!"
Hey, guess what! News flash! FB is a PUBLIC networking site! If you post something on FB, people may read it and may comment on it. If you don't want anyone reading it, either make it a private post or DON'T POST IT AT ALL! Chances are, most of the people that do this only post controversial things on FB to get attention anyway, and once they succeed in whoring for attention, they tell you off for giving them the attention they were looking for.
Some people right? And I try to refrain from being one of those people that posts statuses saying "What is this drama? Are we in grade 5? Why don't you grow the fuck up?"
Is this redundant to anyone else? The most dramtic people always seem to be the people saying they're sick of drama and that everyone needs to grow up. If you're posting a status on FB saying people need to grow up, it seems that you are the one that needs to mature first. Mature people do not complain about drama starters and call people "c**ts" on FB.
So anyway, I'm sick of hearing this on FB, and if it's you, I hope I offended you enough to stop doing it.
Besides, it's way more fun to post funny and witty things on FB. People enjoy them more and you'll seem like a better/more fun/stable person.

1 comment: