Monday, December 12, 2011

Driven to the Edge

I've noticed that my blog has become a source primarily for me to vent my anger and frustrations with the world. But that's okay. This blog is for me after all. So I'll complain all I want, it makes me feel better.So here's my rant for today: BAD DRIVERS!

On my way home tonight, I couldn't help but notice all the bad drivers. I started to get the famililar itch of road rage. Especially at this time of year, drivers are the worst.
First it's the season when the weather starts to get a little rough for driving and people suddenly forget how to drive. Second, it's the holiday season, so people are so self-absorbed that they forget about everoyne else on the road and think nothing is more important than their Christmas shopping.
Now I know I wouldn't have a right to talk about this if I was a shitty driver too, but I'm not. I promise you. You can ask any of my friends and they'll tell you I'm a fairly safe driver. Obviously I've made mistakes here and there but I try really hard to be a good, patient, safe driver and I'm very proud of my driving skills. I always use my signal lights, turn off my high beams when I see other cars approaching, move as close to the left lane when there's someone turning right behind me at a red light... I pride myself on my driving abilities.
Here are some of the offenses I witnessed/can't stand when driving.
- People who do not use their signal lights. Yes, it's not the law when merging, but it's a courtesy thing. If you don't use your signal lights when turning a corner, well I just hope there are no cops around. Asshole.
- People who do not stop at red lights when turning right. That's illegal! And it's for your own safety. Even when there aren't any cars coming, you still have to stop. One day you're going to get t-boned, and I'm not going to feel bad at all. And it'll be your fault. So take that.
- People who only care about themselves and think their priorities are far more important than everyone else's. (People who drive through yellow lights at the last second, not stopping at red lights when turning right and people who speed, etc. all fall under this category). Like I said, it's especially  bad at this time of year because people are always in a hurry to get places to buy socks for their kids, going to pick up dinner because they're too fat and lazy to cook for their family or running to the liquor store before it closes to pick up their forty of whiskey to drink their troubles away that night.
Someone wouldn't let me merge tonight, even though I had my signal light on for like 5 minutes. He kept speeding up, trying to block me out, so when he finally did let me in, I went less than the speed limit to punish him. Don't fuck with me when driving, I'm a force to be reckoned with.
- The other night it snowed in my town, so naturally everyone panicked and forgot how to drive. I got stuck behind people doing 30 in 50 zones and this one person that would stop 500 metres before they had to. I couldn't believe it. it took me 10 extra minutes to get home. I couldn't believe it. I've only been driving by myself for a few months and I know how to drive better than you. Unbelievable.
There aren't enough words in the English language to express the faults that bad drivers committ or the things I hate about other drivers so I'll just leave it at that.
If you're one of these people, shame on you and I hope your license gets revoked. The day before Christmas. Bitch.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment